Profile image for Trucks79

Has anyone been to the Trench Lane car boot sale this year since it re started a few weeks ago?
Last year the Trench Lane car boot sale had problems with parking and some reported incidents between buyers and the parking attendants.
This year I notice they seem to have a number of licensed attendants controlling the traffic flow inside the boot sale but also out on Trench Lane.
If you have visited the boot sale this year then I would love to hear your views on parking as well as any problems that you have had.

By Trucks79 at 09:20 on 16/05/11

Re-post           

• Profile image for CP1953

I went on Sunday and now that you mention it..yes, it didnt seem like the 'ordinary' people who run the sale that were directing the traffic.
    I witnessed myself a car driver having a go at the attendant at the very bottom of the field. They were sending people right down to the bottom when there were ample parking spaces at the top entrance as the 'early birds' had parked there..then left. Because they were sending people to the bottom, this resulted in a que. I myself was parked along the road for some way waiting, at a snails pace to get into the field. I suppose this was the reason? The bloke in the car certainly seemed to think their parking was causing gridlog out on the road.
    Still...love this bootsale and its not till your legs are aching the next day that you realize just how far you walk!! Always pick up some good bargains!

By CP1953 at 17:18 on 17/05/11

Join the Discussion

max 4000 characters

Search for...

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min rent is bigger than Max rent