Profile image for Trucks79

Ok, so everyone knows that today was strike day, yet South Glos Council did not have much info on what services would be disrupted, the updated page on the councils website did not really say a lot.
One question that I have concerning the day of action is that I did not find any picket lines! Did I miss them? Or were there simply not any in Thornbury? One service that I thought would not have been disrupted or only slightly was the Sort IT centres. Considering they are run by SITA I thought that they would have remained open today. However after loading up the car with old toys and rubbish from the shed I made my way to the Sort IT centre only to find that the centre was closed due to the strikes! There were more than ten cars that tried to access the site when I was there and no one knew that the centres were not open.
Even the SITA website has no mention about Sort IT centres being closed due to the strikes, You can't tell me that all the workers there are part of a Union that is taking part. The same as the schools, there has been no mention as to what the staff that are not part of the unions have spent the day doing.

By Trucks79 at 18:11 on 30/11/11

Re-post           

Join the Discussion

max 4000 characters

Local Jobs

Search for...

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min rent is bigger than Max rent