Profile image for StanMor

New Book - Thornbury Through Time
This new book will be launched on Tuesday Oct 5th at 7.30pm at Thornbury Baptist Church. The authors, Meg Wise and Tony Cherry, will give an illustrated talk, and additional photos will be shown that were not included in the book.

You can buy signed copies of the book (priced £14.99), and refreshments will be available. Do join us at this free event and find out more about the town we live in.

Thereafter the book will be on sale at Thornbury and District Museum.

By StanMor at 23:43 on 28/09/10

Re-post           

• Profile image for Trucks79

The book sounds like an interesting read, Do you know if it covers just Thornbury or does it cover some of the surrounding areas such as Tytherington, Alveston ect.
    Also is the book only available to purchase at the Thornbury Book shop?
    Thanks & good luck with the release.

By Trucks79 at 14:49 on 30/09/10

• Profile image for StanMor

I've only had a quick look at an advance copy, but it includes a lot of 'old and new' photos which are quite fascinating. I think it does cover nearby vilages/hamlets in the Thornbury parish but not sure which - not Alveston as there is a very good book by Rosemary West already available (museum or Thornbury bookshop) or Tytherington which is outside the area. Best bet is to have a look at it at the museum after Tuesday (or go to the launch of course).

By StanMor at 01:45 on 01/10/10

Thanks StanMor, I think it might be a good idea to post on the site any other books based on the local area. I cant wait to see just how much has changed over the years..

I will try to make the launch as well

Thanks again

By Trucks79 at 08:27 on 01/10/10

List of local books. I'm just away on hols and will try to sort out a list in a coupleof weeks time. In the meantime there is a selection on the museum shop page (http://tinyurl.com/36kogxs).

By StanMor at 20:27 on 01/10/10

Thats very kind of you thanks, Will look forward to seeing it.

By Trucks79 at 20:57 on 01/10/10

Noticed that above I attributed the book 'Alveston Through Time' to a mythical Rosemary West. It should have ben Rosemary King. Apologies.
    Available in all good bookshops (in Thornbury at least)

By StanMor at 23:09 on 01/10/10

Join the Discussion

max 4000 characters

Search for...

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min rent is bigger than Max rent