Profile image for thornsguy

Does anyone know what’s happening to the former Choices video shop in the high street. The shop looks a total mess and really lets the high street down.

By thornsguy at 15:58 on 05/07/10

Re-post           

• Profile image for steve_truckle

I have been told that planning consent had been granted to turn it in to a coffee shop, however I am also told that the company that were looking to take over the building is no longer looking at opening in Thornbury.
    I have tried to contact the company in question but every attempt to telephone them have failed.
    Does anyone know what is happening to the building? I must agree the store looks poor now.

By steve_truckle at 16:27 on 13/07/10

• Profile image for Bland_Media

How can this one shop let the High Street down? It's not even the only unit in the High Street that is boarded up. The whole of the town centre is down at heel. In The Plain / Castle Street / High Street there are 10 locations with "To Let" signs (some with multiple units), and there are five more empty units in the St. Mary Centre. It's no wonder that Coffee #1 has lost interest in Thornbury.

By Bland_Media at 23:51 on 19/07/10

Bland_media i totally agree with your comments. its sad but i just cant see it getting any better the rents are way to over priced.

By steve_truckle at 07:46 on 20/07/10

To be fair the outside of the shop does look a mess, I think that with it being a large fronted shop having large wooden boards stuck over the entire front does make it an eye sore.
    I understand that it has been done for a security & safety point of view but it does look messy.
    Other areas of the UK use printed signs to go over the windows that would look much better.
    again I understand that it comes down to cost but I am sure that some of the landmark businesses or tourist attractions would consider paying for advertising and it would make the large number of empty buildings look more attractive to buyers.
    I also agree that many of the empty shops are being promoted by more than one agent and again this just shows how keen the property owners are to sale / rent the buildings.

By steve_truckle at 08:53 on 20/07/10

• Profile image for thornsguy

it will not happen in Thornbury as they prefer to spend spend spend on flower displays rather preventing the buildings and streets looking messy.

the Thornbury in bloom looks very nice maybe they can hang aload above the former choices shop that way passers by will not notice the dump!

By thornsguy at 12:13 on 20/07/10

Join the Discussion

max 4000 characters

Local Jobs

Search for...

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min rent is bigger than Max rent