Profile image for holtj85

Does anybody know what's happened to Cotswold News (recently the 99pm shop)? I passed it at the weekend and it's empty. I'm hopeful that it's just having a refit, but worried that it's closed down, adding another empty unit to the Town. Let's Walk seems to have shut up shop too!

By holtj85 at 19:27 on 10/05/11

Re-post           

• Profile image for CP1953

No, its definately closed down for good!! The lease was revoked?? Place was locked up overnight and the tenants were given so much time to remove the stock. Noticed workers in there yesterday taking all the floor tiles up? and apprently it has already been let to someone else?? watch this space.
    Terrible the amount of empty shops now in the precinct.

By CP1953 at 00:55 on 11/05/11

• Profile image for Trucks79

Morning holtj85 and welcome to the thornburypeople site, please take a look at the article concerning the 99p store here:- http://tinyurl.com/67jqdpq I am being told that the shop HAS been re-let infact it was relet within a matter of days when the store closed.

However no one is able to say who has let the store and what it will be, however I am being told it should be open soon.

Thanks

By Trucks79 at 07:01 on 11/05/11

• Profile image for womad79

there is a story this week in gazette that says it will reopen as a wh smiths. im not sure if that is a good thing. on one hand one less empty shop and some employment, on other hand bigboy competition for horders and other shops

By womad79 at 15:21 on 13/05/11

Join the Discussion

max 4000 characters

Local Jobs

Search for...

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min rent is bigger than Max rent